In order to help fulfill its mission, the AMF has set up advisory committees mandated to provide relevant insight into trends observed in various sectors and to strengthen its collaboration with stakeholders.
These committees, whose members are selected through a call for candidates, are composed of AMF representatives and outside members drawn from various fields and professions related to the sectors concerned.
Corporate Finance Advisory Committee
The mandate of the eight experts on the Corporate Finance Advisory Committee is to examine and discuss statutory and regulatory proposals pertaining to the framework for corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. The experts recommend ways to improve the development and implementation of this regulatory framework and discuss the various proposals relating to corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions.
The members of the Corporate Finance Advisory Committee are:
- Josianne Beaudry, Partner, Lavery, de Billy LLP
- Patrick Boucher, Partner, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Robert Carelli, Partner, Stikeman Elliott LLP
- Jean-Pierre Chamberland, Partner, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
- Pascal de Guise, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Olivier Désilets, Partner, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
- Howard M. Levine, Partner, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Elliot Shapiro, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Contact: Lucie Roy
Financial Advisory Committee
The Financial Advisory Committee is mandated to examine and discuss statutory and regulatory proposals affecting the financial information presented by reporting issuers and provide feedback and suggestions for enhancing the development and implementation of the regulatory framework.
Another of the committee’s mandates is to discuss the accounting and certification standards applicable to reporting issuers and their auditors, specifically International Financial Reporting Standards and Canadian Auditing Standards, and to shed light on the issues surrounding their application.
The seven members of the Financial Advisory Committee are:
- Luc L. Beaulieu, Partner, KPMG LLP
- Luc Bédard, Partner, Ernst & Young LLP
- Fahd Bouayed, Associate Director, Services Conseil Bouayed
- Nadi Chlala, Full Professor, University of Québec at Montréal
- Davis Clément, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Gilles Henley, Partner, Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton LLP
- André Lopresti, Vice-President and Chief Accountant, Laurentian Bank of Canada
Contact: Lucie Roy
Technological Innovation Advisory Committee (TIAC)
The Technological Innovation Advisory Committee consists of 11 experts mandated to monitor technological innovation in the financial sector and facilitate an understanding of market efficiency and consumer protection issues relating to innovation. The committee also assists the AMF in establishing orientations and fostering an open and constructive dialogue with the main stakeholders.
The members of the Technological Innovation Advisory Committee are:
- Patrick Chevalier, Partner, Senior Consultant, Vumetric
- Henri Dolino, Senior Director, Innovation and Digital Strategy, Desjardins Group
- Dominique Ferst, Managing Partner, Ferst Capital Partners
- Jonathan Hamel, Founder, Académie Bitcoin
- Michael Holder, Compliance and Legal Counsel, Wealthsimple
- Alexandre Hovette, Managing Partner and Head, Regulatory Expertise Center, Chappuis Halder & Co.
- François Lafortune, Co-Founder, CEO and Partner, Diagram / Power Financial Ventures
- Pascal Lefrançois, President, Inovestor
- Do Nguyen, Co-Founder, RealStarter
- Elisabeth Préfontaine, Head of Sales, Wealth Channel, BlackRock Asset Management Canada Limited
- Imen Zitouni, Vice-President, Digital Innovation and R&D, Intact Financial Corporation
Contact: Moad Fahmi
Derivatives Advisory Committee (DAC)
The Derivatives Advisory Committee is mandated to examine and discuss statutory and regulatory proposals pertaining to derivatives oversight. Itis a forum for discussing and exchanging information and recommendations for enhancing the development and implementation of the regulatory framework in this area. The mandate of the 10 experts who sit on the committee is to establish a structured link to assist AMF staff in understanding sector-related regulatory issues.
The members of the Derivatives Advisory Committee are:
- Guy Desrochers, Vice-President and Chief Compliance Officer, IPSOL Capital inc.
- Luc Fortin, President and Chief Executive Officer, Montréal Exchange
- Paûle Gaumond, Senior Legal Counsel – Investment and Derivatives – Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- Glenn Goucher, President and Chief Clearing Officer of the Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation, and President of The Canadian Depository for Securities Limited
- Michael Librizzi, Manager, Business and Trading Conduct Compliance, Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada
- Caroline Louat, Director, Liquidity, Capital and Infrastructure Management - Financial Markets, National Bank of Canada
- Jonathan Parent, Director, Derivatives Products, RBC Capital Markets
- Stéphane Rozier, Senior Vice-President / Head of Derivatives, Macquarie Capital Markets Canada Ltd.
- Jean-François Saillant, Senior Manager, Financial Services, Ernst & Young LLP
- Sonia Struthers, Partner, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
Contact: Lise Estelle Brault
Mining Advisory Committee (MAC)
The Mining Advisory Committee consists of 10 experts whose mandate is to foster, in collaboration with the AMF, exchanges with mining sector stakeholders to gain a better understanding of their concerns. Discussions focus in particular on issues related to financing and continuous disclosures, in addition to Regulation 43-101 respecting Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects.
The members of the Mining Advisory Committee are:
- Jeffrey Cassoff, Lead Mining Engineer, Mining and Metals, BBA
- Michel Champagne, General Manager, SIDEX LP
- Normand Champigny, President, CEO and Director, Sphinx Resources Ltd.
- Jean-Sébastien David, Chief Operating Officer, Arianne Phosphate Inc.
- Guy Desharnais, Technical Manager, SGS Canada Inc.
- Sylvain Durocher, Director, Investment, Ressources Québec
- Benoît Gascon, Lawyer, Cain Lamarre LLP
- Jacquelin Gauthier, Engineer and Geologist, Consultant
- Ingrid Martin, CPA, CA, Consultant
- Robert Wares, Executive Vice-President, Exploration and Resource Development, Osisko Mining Inc.
Contact: Luc Arsenault
Investment Products Advisory Committee
The Committee's core mandate is to examine and discuss issues relating to the management and distribution of traditional mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, non-redeemable investment funds and individual segregated funds, as well as provide information and recommendations for enhancing the development and implementation of related regulations.
The members of the Investment Products Advisory Committee are:
- Martin Boileau, Globevest Capital
- François Bruneau, Groupe Cloutier Investissements
- Yanic Chagnon, Manulife Financial
- Charles Danis, Fidelity Investments Canada
- Christine Décarie, I.G. Investment Management
- Stéphane Dulude
- Maxime Gauthier, Mérici Services Financiers
- Eric F. Gosselin, Services financiers Éric F. Gosselin and PEAK Investment Services Inc.
- Jonathan Halwagi, Fasken Martineau
- Chantal Héroux, FÉRIQUE Fund Management and FÉRIQUE Investment Services
- Éric Landry, Desjardins Group
- Élyse Lemay, Great-West/London Life/Canada Life
- Richard Morin, Archer Wealth Management Inc.
- Robert Pouliot, Canadian Foundation for Advancement of Investor Rights (FAIR Canada)
- Mario Tremblay, Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (FTQ)