This section is for financial services cooperatives, authorized trust companies, authorized financial institutions carrying on deposit institution activities, and eligible legal entities wishing to apply for constitution or continuance as a financial services cooperative or to obtain the AMF’s authorization to do business as a trust company, savings company or deposit institution.
It contains information related to such activities, including disclosure requirements and guidelines.
The guidelines are the measures that, in the AMF’s opinion, may be taken to satisfy the legal obligations regarding sound and prudent management practices and sound commercial practices.
The supervisory framework the AMF relies on to assess the achievement of the expectations set out in each guideline is also presented in this section..
- File Transfer Service (FTS) This link will open in a new window
- Intervention Guidelines for Québec-Chartered Deposit Institutions registered (pdf - 1 MB)This link will open in a new windowUpdated on 6 March 2014""Intervention, Guidelines, Deposit Institutions, Deposit Insurance Act""
- Annual reports on financial institutions
Regulation and obligations
- Laws and regulations
- Financial Institutions Supervisory Framework (pdf - 795 KB)This link will open in a new windowUpdated on 17 December 2020The Autorité des marchés financiers (the “AMF” or the “Authority”) is the body mandated by the Québec government to regulate Québec’s financial sector and assist consumers of financial products and services, in particular in the areas of insurance, securities, derivatives, deposit institutions – other than banks – the distribution of financial products and services and, since May 1, 2020, mortgage brokerage.
- Fees and costs payable to the AMF
- Public consultations