Montréal – At the request of the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF), the Bureau de décision et de révision en valeurs mobilières (BDRVM) recommended, on August 9, 2005, that the Minister of Finance order the winding-up of the property of TIP Funds Canada Ltd. and appoint a liquidator.
On September 17, 2004, following proceedings launched by the AMF, Claude Gilbert was appointed provisional administrator by the Minister to administer the property of TIP Funds Canada. In his report dated April 8, 2005, Mr. Gilbert recommended the winding-up of the property of TIP Funds Canada and the appointment of a liquidator.
The AMF is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec’s financial sector.
— 30 —
Philippe Roy (514) 940-2176
Issuers, dealers, advisers and representatives: (877) 525-0337, dial 9 for English, then dial 1 for industry
Consumers and investors: (877) 525-0337, dial 9 for English, then dial 2 for consumers
- BDRVM lifts freeze order against TIP Funds Canada Ltd.
- Freeze order against TIP Funds Canada Ltd. is renewed
- TIP Investment Advisors Ltd. & Paul Gagné suspended for five years
- Hearing to determine the measure to be imposed upon TIP Investment Advisors Ltd. & Paul Gagné is again postponed
- Hearing to determine measure to be taken against TIP Investment Advisors Ltd. & Paul Gagné is postponed
- The Commission des valeurs mobilières du Québec renders a decision in the matter concerning TIP Investment Advisors Ltd. and Paul Gagné