You must report to the exam room 30 minutes before the scheduled start time. As a result of the new measures taken to meet the public health requirements, you may need more time to enter the exam room. Late arrivals will not be permitted.
In accordance with the public health guidelines, wearing a mask or face covering that covers the nose and mouth is mandatory in enclosed public places. Wearing a mask or face covering while seated in the exam room is still recommended but is not required
To enter the exam room, you must bring the following:
- Your examination notice consistent with your application (exam date, location, language and competencies being evaluated).
- An official photo ID
Only official photo IDs are accepted (driver’s licence, passport, health insurance card or permanent resident card). Photocopies or other images will be refused.
- HB lead pencils and an eraser
New exam rooms instructions
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend your exam, and notify us as soon as possible.
- You will be required to wash your hands upon entering the building where the exam will be held.
- You will be required to answer the usual questions regarding your state of health when you arrive at the exam room
- You must then head directly to the exam room where you will be asked to identify yourself to the supervisor. You will be assigned a seat.
- Make sure you are in the room when the specific exam instructions are given. Our instructions have been modified to meet the new public health and social distancing requirements.
The AMF will provide:
- Scratch paper
- Standard calculator
- E-tablet (for insurance of persons, group insurance of persons and mortgage brokerage)
Read the Tablet User Guide(pdf - 827 KB)This link will open in a new windowUpdated on 8 February 2016Tablet user guide for candidates and watch the accompanying video This link will open in a new window before the exam to help you prepare adequately.
Damage insurance or claims adjustment
For exams in damage insurance or claims adjustment: the exam preparation manuals sold by the AMF and the related addenda.
- Your manual may contain handwritten notes, but they must correspond to the topic covered on the pages where they are written.
- Notes must be written in English or French.
- Manuals may not contain copied exercises.
Important : In order to respect copyright, candidates who bring photocopied or altered copies of AMF manuals to exam sessions will be asked to leave. They will be assigned a grade of “0” and their manuals will be confiscated.
For exams in mortgage brokerage: a non-programmable financial calculator accepted by the AMF such as the Texas Instruments BA II Plus, the SHARP EL-738F or the SHARP EL-738XT.
- Cell phones, computers and digital music players
- Beverages other than water
To help ensure proper conditions for the examination sessions, please comply with the following instructions. It is strictly prohibited to:
- You may not write anywhere but on the question sheet or the scratch paper provided by the AMF.
- You may not copy all or part of any exam question.
- You may not communicate with other candidates during the exam session.
- You may not leave the exam room with any documents provided by the AMF (question sheet, answer sheet, scratch paper).
Consequences will result from failure to comply with these instructions.
You are required to uphold the confidentiality of the exam content.If you fail to do so, this will be taken into consideration in determining your degree of honesty, which is one of the main requirements for the issuance and renewal of your certificate.
You can send us your comments on the content of the exams using the form provided with your question sheet.
If necessary, the supervisor can give you time to do so after your answer sheet has been submitted. A personalized response will be provided for all relevant comments if you provide your name and contact information.
If, for reasons beyond its control, the AMF is unable to hold an examination as scheduled, it will refund your registration fee or allow you to register for a subsequent examination free of charge.
Your exam results will be sent to you promptly after the exam session based on your communication preference.
Results are not given by phone or e-mail. Please do not contact the AMF for results.
If you still have questions, call our Information Centre.