Cancellation of Examinations for the week of January 11, 2021
New government measures and exam sessions continued
Due to the new government measures, the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is strengthening its health guidelines for examinations held on its premises in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and ensure a safe exam environment.
Examinations, which will resume as of the week of January 18, 2021, will therefore be held under new guidelines. In particular:
- Exam room seating will be reduced
- Masks will be provided to candidates when they arrive. They will have to be worn on the AMF’s premises at all times, including during examinations
Candidates who registered in January 2021 have received an e-mail explaining how to reregister for their examinations at no charge.End of the warning
You must report to the exam room 30 minutes before the scheduled start time. As a result of the new measures taken to meet the public health requirements, you may need more time to enter the exam room. Late arrivals will not be permitted.
To enter the exam room, you must bring the following:
- Your examination notice consistent with your application (exam date, location, language and competencies being evaluated).
- An official photo ID
Only official photo IDs are accepted (driver’s licence, passport, health insurance card or permanent resident card). Photocopies or other images will be refused.
- HB lead pencils and an eraser
New exam rooms instructions
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend your exam, and notify us as soon as possible.
If you elect to attend an exam session, you undertake to:
- Not attend an exam session if you have any symptoms of COVID-19. The exam session may be postponed at no charge by submitting an Application to Postpone or Cancel Examinations.
- Respect the two-metre distancing rule with everyone around you.
- Wear a mask at all times. Masks will be provided to candidates when they arrive. They will have to be worn on the AMF’s premises at all times, including during examinations.
- Undergo a forehead temperature check before entering the exam room.
- Answer routine questions about your health when you arrive at the exam room.
- Wash and disinfect your hands before entering the exam room.
- Arrive 30 minutes before the exam session begins so that you are in the room when specific exam instructions are given.
- Comply with government advisories regarding interregional travel. If you prefer not to travel, you may apply to postpone the examination at no charge by submitting Application to Postpone or Cancel Examinations and register to take the examination at a later date. The calendar for exams in outlying areas will be available in the coming weeks.
And you understand that:
- Out of respect for the other candidates, anyone who presents symptoms of COVID-19 during an examination session may be asked to leave the exam room. In such an event, the person will be able to postpone the examination session at no charge by submitting an Application to Postpone or Cancel Examinations.
- The exam instructions that have been sent to you may be modified to reflect changes in the public health situation and Santé public recommendations. The most up-to-date instructions can be consulted by clicking on the “Examinations” tab in the “Becoming a professional” section of the AMF’s website.
- A maximum of 25 people can be in the exam room at the same time.
The AMF will provide:
- Scratch paper
- Standard calculator
- E-tablet (for insurance of persons, group insurance of persons and mortgage brokerage)
Read the Tablet User Guide(pdf - 827 KB)This link will open in a new windowUpdated on 8 February 2016Tablet user guide for candidates and watch the accompanying video This link will open in a new window before the exam to help you prepare adequately.
Damage insurance or claims adjustment
For exams in damage insurance or claims adjustment: the exam preparation manuals sold by the AMF and the related addenda.
- Your manual may contain handwritten notes, but they must correspond to the topic covered on the pages where they are written.
- Notes must be written in English or French.
- Manuals may not contain copied exercises.
Important : In order to respect copyright, candidates who bring photocopied or altered copies of AMF manuals to exam sessions will be asked to leave. They will be assigned a grade of “0” and their manuals will be confiscated.
For exams in mortgage brokerage: a non-programmable financial calculator accepted by the AMF such as the Texas Instruments BA II Plus, the SHARP EL-738F or the SHARP EL-738XT.
- Cell phones, computers and digital music players
- Beverages other than water
To help ensure proper conditions for the examination sessions, please comply with the following instructions. It is strictly prohibited to:
- You may not write anywhere but on the question sheet or the scratch paper provided by the AMF.
- You may not copy all or part of any exam question.
- You may not communicate with other candidates during the exam session.
- You may not leave the exam room with any documents provided by the AMF (question sheet, answer sheet, scratch paper).
Consequences will result from failure to comply with these instructions.
You are required to uphold the confidentiality of the exam content.If you fail to do so, this will be taken into consideration in determining your degree of honesty, which is one of the main requirements for the issuance and renewal of your certificate.
You can send us your comments on the content of the exams using the form provided with your question sheet.
If necessary, the supervisor can give you time to do so after your answer sheet has been submitted. A personalized response will be provided for all relevant comments if you provide your name and contact information.
If, for reasons beyond its control, the AMF is unable to hold an examination as scheduled, it will refund your registration fee or allow you to register for a subsequent examination free of charge.
Your exam results will be sent to you promptly after the exam session based on your communication preference.
Results are not given by phone or e-mail. Please do not contact the AMF for results.
If you still have questions, call our Information Centre.