The Annual Statement on Market Conduct was introduced in 2017 by the Canadian Council of Insurance Regulators (CCIR) in order for the insurance regulators across Canada to receive detailed information about the marketplace and insurers’ practices.
The requirement to complete and file the information collected through the Annual Statement is based on the authority of each of the provincial and territorial insurance regulators to collect such information from insurers within their jurisdiction.
The Autorité des marchés financiers is the designated service provider for all CCIR regulators. Therefore, the AMF collects the Annual Statement in the name of all regulators. The filing of the Annual Statement must be done through the AMF E-Services.
For more information on CCIR, please visit their Website This link will open in a new window.
Download and Submit the Annual Statement
Each Canadian licensed insurance entity must download and submit its Annual Statement form through theAMF E-Services (SEL). The form is available in the section “Client File/Market Conduct”.
As of March 1st, it will be possible to submit your Annual Statement form via the SEL in the section "Client File/Disclosure schedule" by selecting the form "Annual statement on market conduct - ...".
The deadline for submitting the Annual Statement is May 1st.
Forms and documentation
The following forms are available for information purposes only. You have to use AMF’s E-services to make your disclosure.
- Forms :
- General Instructions (pdf - 106 KB)This link will open in a new window (on filling the Annual Statement)
- Definitions related to the Annual Statement :
For additional information on the content of the Annual Statement, please contact:
- Your regulatory authority if you are incorporated under provincial legislation.
- The CCIR at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a federally or foreign chartered insurer.
For technical questions on filing, please e-mail the AMF at email@example.com.
Documentation and tools
- Q & A year 3 – Annual Statement on Market Conduct (pdf - 74 KB)This link will open in a new windowUpdated on 15 March 2019
- E-Services guide for the Annual Statement on Market Conduct disclosure (pdf - 797 KB)This link will open in a new windowUpdated on 7 March 2018
Presentations and documents related to the CCIR Information
- CCIR Information Session changes on the Annual Statement on Market Conduct - P&C Insurance (pdf - 6 MB)This link will open in a new windowUpdated on 25 January 2019 (November 20, 2018)
- CCIR Information Session changes on the Annual Statement on Market Conduct- Life Insurance (pdf - 7 MB)This link will open in a new windowUpdated on 25 January 2019 (November 21, 2018)