The Regulation respecting the issuance and renewal of representatives’ certificatesThis link will open in a new window determines the requirements concerning the minimum qualifications for persons wishing to obtain a certificate in the Damage insurance sector and its sector classes.
The minimum qualifications for the damage insurance sector are as follows:
- Diploma of Collegial Studies from Québec (DCS) ;
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in Insurance and Financial Advisory Services
- Attestation of collegial studies in damage insurance recognized in an agreement entered into for that purpose between the AMF and a Québec college-level institution;
- Two universitycertificates of 30 credits each from a Canadian university
- Bachelor’s degree, specialized graduate diploma, Master’s degree or doctoral degree from a Canadian university
- Decision issued by the AMF recognizing a level of education equivalent to the Diploma of Collegial Studies
- Comparative evaluation for studies done outside Québec issued by the ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion indicating a result equivalent to a diploma of collegial studies or graduate diploma
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent level of education and a decision issued by the AMF recognizing at least 3 years of full-time work experience
The list of training providers that have signed an agreement with the AMF for the Claims adjustment sector can be found at the Recognized trainning providers page.