From October 1, 2020 to March 1, 2021, earn a chance to win one of five $1,000 cash prizes for carrying out a financial education activity in your virtual or physical classroom.
Tesaffaires.com and the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) are encouraging elementary school, secondary school, CEGEP and adult education teachers to incorporate money, budget, investment or credit concepts into their classes.
Want to enter? It’s easy!
1- To talk about money in class, choose from among the following educational tools:
- Elementary school teachers: try out one of the 12 disciplinary tasks This link will open in a new window offered by our partners.
- Secondary school teachers: show a video or carry out an activity offered by the AMF. Also refer to the activities available from our partners.
- Secondary school and CEGEP teachers: sign up for a stock market simulation This link will open in a new window or create an interactive learning experience This link will open in a new window (available in French only)
- For other activity ideas, see our directory.
2- Fill out the entry form This link will open in a new window by March 1, 2021.
We will accept one entry for each tool used in class. The draw will be held on March 4, 2020.
Read the Contest rules (pdf - 160 KB)This link will open in a new windowUpdated on 25 September 2020Contest rules 2020–2021 “Talking money in class!” contest
The Let’s talk money in class! contest was created in connection with the Québec Financial Education Strategy (pdf - 3 MB)This link will open in a new windowUpdated on 10 June 2019The Québec Financial Education Strategy (the “Strategy”) is a wide-ranging collaborative, a project aimed at improving Quebeckers’ financial health and led by the AMF.
Want to introduce your students to stock market investing? Why not have them participate in a stock market simulation where they’re given a fictitious amount of $200,000 to build and manage a portfolio ? There are two ways to participate:
- The Bourstad Challenge runs each year from February to April and has three components: portfolio management, responsible investment and financial performance. Participants build a portfolio from a selection of more than 500 real-life securities and their transactions are processed in real time. Over $30,000 in prizes are awarded at the end of the contest. Registration fees apply.
- Bourstad Anytime gives you the possibility of organizing a private investment simulation. The application is free and available year-round.