Announcing the 5 winners of the Talking money in class! contest
Congratulations to the five teachers who each won a $1,000 prize in the 2020-2021 Talking money in class! contest:
- Magdalena Pastrama, École La Passerelle (Montréal)
- Élisa Audet-Turcotte (assisted by Alexandra Marcoux-Dion), École La Chanterelle (Québec)
- Annie Lévesque, École Le Sentier (Laval)
- Marie-Josée Morin, École du Boisé (Laval)
- Geneviève Lasnier, École du Bac (Saint-Lambert-de-Lauzon)
While this was the last edition of the contest, the free tools to support your financial education efforts—calculators, educational activities, videos and much more!—are still available in the Tes Affaires! Teacher Zone.
To stay up-to-date on other financial education contests and activities:
- Sign up for our E-mail Info on financial education This link will open in a new window
- Follow us on Twitter (@lautorite This link will open in a new window) and Facebook (@Autoritedesmarchesfinanciers This link will open in a new window)
- Visit the Tes affaires! Teacher Zone regularly
Want to introduce your students to stock market investing? Why not have them participate in a stock market simulation where they’re given a fictitious amount of $200,000 to build and manage a portfolio ? There are two ways to participate:
- The Bourstad Challenge runs each year from February to April and has three components: portfolio management, responsible investment and financial performance. Participants build a portfolio from a selection of more than 500 real-life securities and their transactions are processed in real time. Over $30,000 in prizes are awarded at the end of the contest. Registration fees apply.
- Bourstad Anytime gives you the possibility of organizing a private investment simulation. The application is free and available year-round.