What transactions can I carry out with the AMF using its E-Services?
Among other things, you will be able to use AMF E-Services to:
- Register for examinations based on your preferences and availability (reserve your place based on date, time and location)
- Postpone or cancel first-time examinations or supplemental examinations
- Obtain examination results in your secure mail inbox as soon as examinations are corrected
- Receive your probationary certificate as soon as your completed application is received;
- Access your personalized representative file
- Make payments related to your obligations
- Follow up on the processing of your applications/requests in real time
- Renew your certificate or maintain your registration
How do I register for AMF E-Services?
When registering for amf e-services, make sure you have the following information on hand:
- Social insurance number – The nine-digit number on your social insurance card issued by Service Canada.
- Date of birth.
- Notice of assessment number – The number on either of the two most recent notices of assessment you received from Revenu Québec.
Obtain your clicSÉQUR account and register for AMF E-Services in a single step
The AMF has chosen clicSÉQUR, the Québec government's identity authentication service, to ensure secure access to its on-line services via its website.
ClicSÉQUR is a government service through which you can authenticate your identity with the government departments and agencies with which you conduct on-line transactions. You may already be familiar with this tool used by Revenu Québec for transactions pertaining to income tax returns.
Your clicSÉQUR account
When you click on the link Create your clicSÉQUR account and register for AMF E-Services at the bottom of the AMF E-Services home page, you will be redirected to the clicSÉQUR website.
Follow the steps provided to obtain your user code and password. These will enable you to authenticate your identity with clicSÉQUR so that you can access AMF E-Services.
For more information, listen to the training capsule on this topic (swf - 4 MB)This link will open in a new window.
Registering for AMF E-Services
Once clicSÉQUR has authorized you to use the AMF's on-line services, you will be redirected to the AMF E-Services registration window.
If you are an existing AMF client, answer YES to the question Are you an AMF client?
To complete the registration steps, you will need:
- Your 10-digit AMF client number or your certificate number
- Your e-mail address
If you are not an AMF client, answer NO to the question Are you an AMF client? then follow the steps shown.
I am an independent representative registered with the AMF. Why do I have to use clicSÉQUR for citizens instead of clicSÉQUR for businesses?
- If you are an independent representative, please note that for purposes of clicSÉQUR registration, you are considered to be a citizen, not a business, despite the fact that the AMF considers you to be a business for purposes of administering your right to practise. Registering as a citizen with clicSÉQUR has no impact on the practice of your professional activities. It is merely an administrative formality.
- If you are or have been an independent representative, you can access the on-line services menu via either of the following access modes shown in the AMF E-Services portal: My representative's certificate or My registration as an independent representative.
How long does it take to register with clicSÉQUR?
It will take between 15 minutes and 48 hours to register with clicSÉQUR, depending on the type of information you have to provide and the steps clicSÉQUR needs to take to authenticate your identity.