What transactions can I carry out with the AMF using its E-Services?
Among other things, you will be able to use AMF E-Services to:
- Access your personalized registrant file;
- Maintain your registration;
- Make payments related to your obligations;
- Follow the processing of your applications/requests in real time;
- Attach or remove representatives;
- File your regulatory disclosures as required by NI31-103;
- File your regulatory notices as required by NI31-103;
- Submit an application to add one or more jurisdictions of Canada to the firm's registration;
- Submit an application to add one or more categories to the firm's registration;
- Submit an exemption application under the Securities act;
- Submit an application for surrendering the firm's registration under the Securities act.
How do I register for AMF E-Services?
Follow these two steps to register a firm for AMF E-Services
1. Register the business with clicSÉQUR
When registering wiht with CLICSÉQUR, make sure you have the following information on hand:
- AMF client number – The number assigned by the AMF when it issued your right to practise as a firm (including as a securities firm) or a partnership.
- Québec enterprise number (NEQ) – The ten-digit number assigned to businesses registered under An Act respecting the legal publicity of enterprises.
- Your business's identification number – The ten-digit number assigned by Revenu Québec if your business (or the business of which you are a partner or director) is registered for the purposes of the GST/HST, the QST or source deductions.
- Identification and position of the authorized representative – The authorized representative (AR) is an individual who is duly authorized to act on behalf of the business, either because of the duties he performs, or because he has been so mandated by the business. See The authorized representative
- Identification of the person(s) in charge of electronic services – The person in charge of electronic services (PES) acts as the business's representative with the service provider and departments and agencies in all transactions concerning the business, including the communication of confidential information. See The person in charge of electronic services
Choose the persons who will act on behalf of your business throughout the clicSÉQUR registration process: the authorized representative (AR) and the person in charge of electronic services (PES).
If you already have a clicSÉQUR account, you have likely already chosen these persons. If you do not know the name of your PES, or to add other persons in charge of electronic services, call Revenu Québec at 1-866-423-3234.
You can register with clicSÉQUR via the Revenu Québec website. The clicSÉQUR team is available to guide you through each step to verify the identity of your business, as well as the authorized representative (AR) or the person(s) in charge of electronic services (PES) you have appointed.
The authorized representative (AR)
The authorized representative (AR) must complete the full registration procedure with clicSÉQUR.
The AR is generally one of the officers of your business (such as the president, vice-president, secretary or treasurer) or a person duly mandated to act on behalf of your business. The AR appoints the person(s) in charge of electronic services (PES).
The AR receives a user code and a temporary password for each PES so that they can assign rights to other users within your business. These users can then authenticate their identity via clicSÉQUR.
2. Register the business for AMF E-Services
The person in charge of electronic services (PES)
The person in charge of electronic services (PES) is an employee of your business and represents it with the AMF in all transactions concerning the business, including the communication of confidential information.
The PES holds a general power of attorney that allows him to access all of the business's files with the AMF and any related services.
The PES creates your business's users and grants them access rights through powers of attorney. A user may be an employee of your business or a person outside of your business, for example, an accountant. To create users, the PES must access the clicSÉQUR website and follow the steps in the Administrator menu.
Managing users and access rights
The PES has all rights of access to the services proposed by the AMF. He must grant access rights to these services to users. These access rights may be limited to certain functional blocks.
The AMF has defined services to meet your needs or to business areas that pertain to your most frequent transactions carried out with the AMF. These services are called “functional blocks”.
To change the functional blocks you selected, visit the clicSÉQUR website.
Functional blocks for firm (including securities firm) and independent partnership
- 001 – Secure message inbox
- 002 – Attachments and maintenance of registration
- 003 – Contact information and communication preferences
- 004 – Disclosure schedule
- 005 – Requests for information and other requests
- 006 – Statement of account - View
- 007 – Follow-up on applications and requests
- 008 – Statement of account – Payment
- 009 – Approval of probationary periods
- 010 – Management of probationary periods
- 011 – Withdrawal from sector/withdrawal of registration
- 012 – Professional liability insurance coverage
- 020 – Access to client file limited to DQ
- 021 – Access to client file limited to DCI
- 022 – Access to client file limited to SA
- 025 – Access to client file limited to DF
- 026 – Access to client file limited to Alternative Insurance Distribution Practices
- 027 – Access to client file limited to Indemnisation
- 028 – Access to client file limited to Complaints
How to access AMF E-Services
The PES and the users selected have received their user codes and passwords so that they can authenticate their identity with clicSÉQUR and access AMF E-Services.
For more information, please listen to the training capsule (swf - 5 MB)This link will open in a new window on this topic.
How long does it take to register with clicSÉQUR?
Registration time varies depending on the type of information you provided and the steps clicSÉQUR needs to take to authenticate your identity.