AMF announces the members of its Technological Innovation Advisory Committee
Montréal, December 16, 2016 – The Autorité des marchés financiers (the “AMF”) is pleased to announce the members of the Technological Innovation Advisory Committee (TIAC).
The TIAC will support the efforts of the AMF’s Fintech Working Group, whose primary mandate is to analyze technological innovations in the financial sector and anticipate regulatory, market efficiency and consumer protection issues.
“The financial sector is changing rapidly and it is essential for the AMF to have a good grasp of the issues raised by technological innovation. The TIAC will broaden the expertise of our team members and allow us to challenge our ideas and better focus our fintech activities,” said AMF President and CEO Louis Morisset.
After reviewing the many applications received following its call for candidates, the AMF selected 11 experts with a wealth of experience in their respective fields, including distributed ledgers, mobile payments, funding platforms, the sharing economy, automated management tools and big data. The initial term of TIAC members will be two years. Other persons may be invited to join the committee.
The members of the Technological Innovation Advisory Committee are:
- Patrick Chevalier, Partner, Senior Consultant, Vumetric
- Henri Dolino, Senior Director, Innovation and Digital Strategy, Desjardins Group
- Dominique Ferst, Managing Partner, Ferst Capital Partners
- Jonathan Hamel, Vice-President (America), Bit Trade Labs, and Founder, Ethereum Québec
- Michael Holder, Compliance and Legal Counsel, Wealthsimple
- Alexandre Hovette, Managing Partner and Head, Regulatory Expertise Center, Chappuis Halder & Co.
- François Lafortune, Co-Founder, CEO and Partner, Diagram / Power Financial Ventures
- Pascal Lefrançois, President, Inovestor
- Do Nguyen, Co-Founder, RealStarter
- Elisabeth Préfontaine, Head of Wealth Sales, BlackRock Asset Management Canada Limited
- Imen Zitouni, Vice-President, Digital Innovation and R&D, Intact Financial Corporation
The Autorité des marchés financiers (the “AMF”) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec’s financial sector.
– 30 –
Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
Twitter: @lautorite This link will open in a new window
- Appointment of AMF Director, Fintech and Innovation
- AMF becomes a member of IVADO
- 2016 Annual Report on Financial Institutions - Financial sector posts steady growth while adapting to change
- Fintech Formathon - Openreg wins AMF challenge
- AMF creates Fintech lab and signs partnership with c
- The Canadian Securities Administrators launches a regulatory sandbox initiative
- Call for Candidates - AMF creates a technological innovation advisory committee
- Technological innovation in the financial sector - AMF creates Fintech Working Group