Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders Securities
Montréal – On September 21, 2017, further to a request from the Autorité des marchés financiers (the “AMF”), the Financial Markets Administrative Tribunal (the “Tribunal”) issued various ex parte orders against Dominic Lacroix, Sabrina Paradis-Royer and DL Innov inc. and several institutions and businesses impleaded in connection with their activities relating to an investment in PlexCoin, a cryptocurrency.
Specifically, the Tribunal ordered Dominic Lacroix, Sabrina Paradis-Royer and DL Innov inc. not to dispose, directly or indirectly, of funds, securities or other assets in their possession or which were entrusted to them and not to, directly or indirectly, withdraw or appropriate funds, securities or other assets from any other person that had them on deposit, under control or in safekeeping for them at any place whatsoever.
The Tribunal also ordered Royal Bank of Canada not to dispose of funds, securities or other assets it had on deposit, under control or in safekeeping for Dominic Lacroix, Sabrina Paradis-Royer and DL Innov inc.
The Tribunal also ordered Shopify Inc., Shopify Payments Canada and Wells Fargo Canada Corporation not to dispose of funds, securities or other assets they had on deposit, under control or in safekeeping for Sidepay.ca, Dominic Lacroix, Sabrina Paradis-Royer and DL Innov inc.
Lastly, the Tribunal ordered Sabrina Paradis-Royer to refrain from engaging in activities for the purpose of directly or indirectly trading in any form of investment described in section 1 of the Securities Act, including collecting or allowing to be collected any moneys in connection with those activities.
The Autorité des marchés financiers is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec’s financial sector.
— 30 —
Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
Twitter: @lautorite This link will open in a new window
LinkedIn: Autorité des marchés financiers (Québec) This link will open in a new window
- PlexCoin - AMF brings penal proceedings against three individuals
- Notice to investors regarding PlexCoin
- Recent developments regarding PlexCoin
- Bitcoins transferred at request of AMF
- PlexCoin - Dominic Lacroix and DL Innov inc. guilty of contempt of court proceedings
- AMF urges utmost caution regarding solicitations relating to PlexCoin
- Orders issued against Dominic Lacroix, Régis Roberge, DL Innov inc., Micro-Prêts inc. and Gap Transit inc.
- Illegal practice as a dealer and illegal distribution - Dominic Lacroix and Micro-Prêts plead guilty
- Micro-Prêts inc. - AMF launches penal proceedings
- Cease trade and freeze orders issued and website shut down in connection with activities of Micro-Prêts inc.