Orders issued against Dominic Lacroix, Régis Roberge, DL Innov inc., Micro-Prêts inc. and Gap Transit inc.
Securities Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders
Montréal – On June 13, 2017, at the request of the Autorité des marchés financiers (the "AMF"), the Financial Markets Administrative Tribunal (the "Tribunal") issued ex parte freeze and prohibition orders against Dominic Lacroix, Régis Roberge, DL Innov inc., Micro-Prêts inc. and Gap Transit inc. in connection with failures to comply with the Securities Act.
More specifically, the Tribunal issued a decision to freeze the bank accounts, funds, securities and other assets of Dominic Lacroix, DL Innov inc., Micro-Prêts inc. and Gap Transit inc., and ordered them not to dispose, directly or indirectly, of the funds, securities or other assets in their possession or custody, and to refrain from withdrawing or appropriating, directly or indirectly, funds, securities or other assets from any other person having them on deposit, under control or in safekeeping on their behalf at any place whatsoever.
The Tribunal prohibited Dominic Lacroix, Régis Roberge, DL Innov inc. and Micro-Prêts inc. from engaging in activities for the purpose of directly or indirectly trading in any form of investment covered by the Securities Act and prohibited them from pursuing activities as a securities adviser within the meaning of section 5 of the Securities Act.
Moreover, the Tribunal ordered Micro-Prêts inc., DL Innov inc., Dominic Lacroix and Régis Roberge to close website www.dlinnov.com and any similar website that is published or distributed by them directly or indirectly.
Lastly, the Tribunal ordered any person on whom the decision will be served not to dispose of the funds, securities or other assets in their possession or entrusted to them, or on deposit with them or, directly or indirectly, under their control or in their safekeeping on behalf of respondents Dominic Lacroix, DL Innov inc., Micro-Prêts inc. and Gap Transit inc.
The respondents availed themselves of the right to contest this decision under the Act respecting the Autorité des marchés financiers.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (the "AMF") is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
– 30 –
Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
Twitter:@lautorite This link will open in a new window
- PlexCoin - AMF brings penal proceedings against three individuals
- Notice to investors regarding PlexCoin
- Recent developments regarding PlexCoin
- Bitcoins transferred at request of AMF
- PlexCoin - Dominic Lacroix and DL Innov inc. guilty of contempt of court proceedings
- PlexCoin - Orders issued against Dominic Lacroix, Sabrina Paradis-Royer, DL Innov inc. and several institutions and businesses
- AMF urges utmost caution regarding solicitations relating to PlexCoin
- Illegal practice as a dealer and illegal distribution - Dominic Lacroix and Micro-Prêts plead guilty
- Micro-Prêts inc. - AMF launches penal proceedings
- Cease trade and freeze orders issued and website shut down in connection with activities of Micro-Prêts inc.