Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders Securities
Montréal – On April 19, 2010, Judge Rémi Bouchard of the Court of Québec, district of Québec City, found Pierre Couture guilty of violations of the Securities Act and imposed fines totalling $6,000.
Pierre Couture was found guilty of two violations of the Act in November 2007, namely, acting illegally as a securities dealer and making a distribution without a prospectus. Judge Bouchard imposed the minimum fines set out in the Act of $1,000 for illegal practice and $5,000 for illegal distribution.
Claude Yvon Provost, who was also charged with two offences in this suit, was acquitted.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec’s financial sector.
— 30 —
Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
- Pierre Couture guilty on one count
- Illegal practice as a dealer - Pasquale Schiavone Found Guilty
- Richvale and Aurock Inc. - AMF lays charges against Pasquale Schiavone and Pierre Couture
- MD Multimédia inc. - AMF files 4 charges and seeks $24,000 in fines
- MD Multimédia inc. - Pierre Couture and Claude-Yvon Provost prohibited from trading securities and pursuing activities as advisers
- Cease trade orders against Pierre Couture, Claude Yvon Provost, Millenia Hope inc., Millenia Hope Biopharma and MD Multimedia inc.