Autorité des marchés finanicers obtains interlocutory injuction in the matter of coopérative de producteurs de bois précieux Québec Forestales and Michel Maheux
Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders Securities
Montréal – The Autorité des marchés financiers (the “AMF”) obtained an interlocutory injunction on August 13, 2004 from the Superior Court of Québec against the Coopérative de producteurs de bois précieux Québec Forestales and Michel Maheux (the “Respondents”).
Under the injunction, the Respondents have been ordered by Mr. Justice Jean-Yves Lalonde:
- to cease and refrain from distributing preferred units of the Coopérative de producteurs de bois précieux Québec Forestales, investment contracts and any other form of investment provided for under section 1 of the Securities Act, and this by any means, including correspondence and websites;
- to comply with decision number 2003-C-0351 issued by the Commission des valeurs mobilières du Québec (CVMQ) on October 15, 2003. The decision may be read by consulting the AMF website, under the heading “Access to the sites of the organizations merged into the Autorité.” Click on the link to the Commission des valeurs mobilières du Québec (CVMQ) and then the link to achived press releases;
- to shut down a website.
Established on February 1, 2004, the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector. The AMF merges the Commission des valeurs mobilières du Québec, the Bureau des services financiers, the Régie de l’assurance-dépôts du Québec, the Fonds d’indemnisation des services financiers and the Inspector General of Financial Institutions.
— 30 —
Philippe Roy (514) 940-2176
Issuers, dealers, advisers and representatives: (877) 525-0337, dial 9 for English, then dial 1 for industry
Investors: (877) 525-0337, dial 9 for English,then dial 2 for consumers
- Michel Maheux given fourth prison term for contempt of court
- Third prison term against Michel Maheux for contempt of court
- Michel Maheux sentenced to 21 days in prison
- Michel Maheux guilty of contempt of court
- Maheux's Superior Court appeal dismissed
- AMF obtains permanent injunction
- Michel Maheux again found guilty
- Michel Maheux guilty on all 74 counts
- Prison term for Michel Maheux
- The Court of Qubec dismisses the motion filed by the Coopérative de producteurs de bois précieux Québec Forestales
- Two penal proceedings instituted against Michel Maheux