Montréal - The Autorité des marchés financiers ("AMF") announces the of its public consultation, including the public hearings that had been scheduled for July 14 and 15, 2011, organized for the purpose of gathering comments on the proposed transaction between TMX Group Inc. ("TMX Group") and London Stock Exchange Group PLC ("LSEG").
The cancellation is further to the request for withdrawal submitted on June 29, 2011 by TMX Group, LSEG and Bourse de Montréal Inc. with respect to the application filed on May 13, 2011 seeking authorization for various aspects related to the proposed transaction.
However, the AMF will continue with its examination of the application filed on May 13, 2011 by the Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation ("CDCC") seeking recognition as a clearing house.
The Autorité des marchés financiers ("AMF") is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial industry.
- 30 -
Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
- Reciprocal Order - Cease-trade orders against Maple Leaf Investment Fund Corporation, Tulsiani Investments Inc. and their principal officers
- Proposed acquisition of TMX Group Inc. by Maple Group Acquisition Corporation - AMF issues decision regarding CDS
- Proposed acquisition of TMX Group by Maple Group Acquisition Corporation - AMF issues certain decisions and launches consultation on CDS
- Proposed Acquisition of TMX Group Inc. - AMF intends to approve Maple application
- Proposed Maple Group Transactions - AMF public hearings scheduled for November 24 & 25, 2011
- Proposed transaction between TMX Group and London Stock Exchange Group PLC - Application Filed And AMF Public Consultations Launched