Investor warning - The AMF cautions Quebeckers about Web solicitation
Investor warnings - News
Montréal - The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is urging Québec investors to be cautious about solicitation through ads posted on popular websites.
In recent weeks, the AMF discovered, particularly through Internet surveillance, several cases of foreign companies soliciting investors to speculate on the currency market by posting ads on various websites. These companies are not authorized to practice in Québec. The AMF is therefore cautioning investors against solicitations made by:
- www.avafx.com / Ava Financial Limited
- www.askobid.com / O.C.M. Online Capital Markets Limited
- www.plus500.com / Plus500 Limited
- www.iforex.com / Formula Investment House Limited
- www.gdbrokers.com / SafeCap Investments Limited
- www.gfcmarkets.com / SafeCap Investments Limited
- www.finexo.com / SafeCap Investments Limited
- www.goforex.com / SafeCap Investments Limited
- www.fxlite.com / FXLite LLC
- www.icmtrading.com / ITrade Capital Market Limited
- www.liteforex.org / Straighthold Investment Group, Inc.
- www.lite-forex.com / Straighthold Investment Group, Inc.
These companies are not registered as investment dealers or portfolio managers with the AMF. Their solicitation of Québec investors through websites may violate the laws administered by the AMF.
Advice for investors
Currency and derivatives markets are complex and volatile. They are intended for investors who have the knowledge, time and resources to track their portfolios. Investors with less than sufficient knowledge and time available can incur heavy losses.
The AMF also reminds investors to investigate before investing and to always ensure that the firms and individuals offering to act as intermediaries have the necessary approvals by checking the Register of firms and individuals authorized to practice on the AMF website or by calling the Information Centre.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
— 30 —
Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337