Pierre Legault acquitted
Securities Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders
Montréal - In a decision handed down on August 25, 2015, Judge François Kouri of the Court of Québec, judicial district of Laval, acquitted the notary Pierre Legault of the charges brought against him by the Autorité des marchés financiers ("AMF") in January 2012.
The AMF accused Pierre Legault of pursuing activities on two occasions as a securities dealer and aiding two companies with the distribution of a form of investment governed by legislation, without a prospectus approved by the AMF.
Following an analysis of the evidence submitted, the Court concluded that a doubt prevailed as to whether the defendant pursued activities as a securities dealer and aided with the distribution, and therefore acquitted the defendant of the charges against him.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (the AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
- 30 -
Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
Twitter: @lautorite This link will open in a new window
- Hippocampe - Simon Déry fined $100,000
- Already subject to penal proceedings for illegal practice - Order issued against Simon Déry
- Illegal Practices and Distributions - Simon Déry Fined $42,000
- Hippocampe - AMF files 28 charges against Simon Déry and Pierre Legault
- Already prosecuted for illegal practice - Order issued against Simon Déry
- AMF files 18 charges against Simon Déry