Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders Securities
Montréal - On September 27, 2012, Justice of the Peace Nathalie Duperron-Roy ordered Alfonso Vincenti, a former mutual fund dealer struck off the roll for life by the Chambre de la sécurité financière, to pay a fine of $74,000, following the joint recommendation by the parties.
Mr. Vincenti pleaded guilty to thirteen charges, including seven counts of illegal practice and six counts of aiding in a distribution without a prospectus related to Darcy International Financial Holding Inc. The amount of the fine is twice the minimum penalty prescribed by law.
In this matter, the AMF had also launched a proceeding against his accomplice Efstratios Gavriil, also a former mutual fund dealer struck off the roll for life by the Chambre de la sécurité financière. Mr. Gavriil was fined $90,000 in January 2012.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (the AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
- 30 -
Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
Twitter : @lautorite This link will open in a new window
- Cape Cove – Superior Court dismisses contestations of receivership orders
- Cape Cove – Appointment of a receiver for certain companies
- Orders against Efstratios Gavrill (alias Sean Gabriel) and Calixa Capital Partners Inc. and appointment of a receiver for certain companies
- Illegal Distributions - Efstratios Gavriil fined $90,000
- Darcy International Financial Holding Inc. - AMF files 26 charges against Efstratios Gavriil and Alfonso Vincenti and seeks $700,000 in fines
- Action brought against Efstratios Gavriil, Ionian Financial Group Inc., Gestion de placements ISL inc. and six other co-defendants