Under section 180 of the Automobile Insurance Act (CQLR, c. A-25) each authorized insurer must file a copy of its rate manual with the Autorité des marchés financiers. The AMF has determined that two annual filings of the Automobile Rate Manual are required by the following dates:
- April 1st – Rate Manual to be effective as of March 1st
- October 1st - Rate Manual to be effective as of September 1st
The rate manual is a manual that is made up of the documents of an authorized insurer in which his rules of classification of risks and the premiums applicable to each are identified and defined.
We invite you to consult the Notice of the Autorité des marchés financiers concerning the filing of the automobile rate manual, which was published in the AMF Bulletin (in French only) dated January 31, 2019, vol. 16, No. 4. (Translation (pdf - 95 KB)This link will open in a new window)
Each authorized insurer is required by the AMF to fill out, sign the document titled Summary of filed amendments (pdf - 260 KB)This link will open in a new window and attach the document to any amendment filed with the AMF.
For information purposes, the document titled Contents of a complete manual (pdf - 39 KB)This link will open in a new window briefly outlines what a complete rate manual must contain. For any question regarding the automobile rate manuals, please write to email@example.com.
- Summary of filed amendments (pdf - 260 KB)This link will open in a new window New version as of November, 2014
- Contents of a complete manual (pdf - 39 KB)This link will open in a new window New version as of November 11, 2011
- Information on automobile insurance experience in Québec (xlsx - 173 KB)This link will open in a new window - New version as of December, 2018
Consultation of the automobile rate manuals
The rate manuals are available to the public for information purposes, thereby promoting competitiveness in the Québec automobile insurance industry. These manuals can be consulted by appointment by contacting the AMF Direction, Supervison of Insurers by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.