What transactions can I carry out with the AMF using its E-Services?
Once registered, you will be able to use AMF E-Services to:
- Fill out and submit an application for authorization
- Pay the required fees for an application for authorization
- Manage business relationships (disclose and change relationships)
Follow these two steps to register your enterprise for AMF E-Services:
When registering with clicSÉQUR, make sure you have the followin information on hand:
- Québec enterprise number (NEQ) – The ten-digit number assigned to businesses registered under An Act respecting the legal publicity of enterprises.
- Your business's identification number – The ten-digit number assigned by Revenu Québec if your business (or the business of which you are a partner or director) is registered for the purposes of the GST/HST, the QST or source deductions
- Identification and position of the authorized representative – The authorized representative (AR) individual who is duly authorized to act on behalf of the business, either because of the duties he performs, or because he has been so mandated by the business. See The authorized representative.
- Identification of the person(s) in charge of electronic services – The person in charge of electronic services (PES) acts as the business's representative with the service provider and departments and agencies in all transactions concerning the business, including the communication of confidential information. See The person in charge of electronic services.
Choose the persons who will act on behalf of your business throughout the clicSÉQUR registration process: the authorized representative (AR) and the person in charge of electronic services (PES).
If you already have a clicSÉQUR account, you have likely already chosen these persons. If you do not know the name of your PES, or to add other persons in charge of electronic services, call Revenu Québec at 1-866-423-3234.
You can register with clicSÉQUR via the Revenu Québec website. The clicSÉQUR team is available to guide you through each step to verify the identity of your business, as well as the authorized representative (AR) or the person(s) in charge of electronic services (PES) you have appointed.
The authorized representative (AR) must complete the full registration procedure with clicSÉQUR.
The AR is generally one of the officers of your business (such as the president, vice-president, secretary or treasurer) or a person duly mandated to act on behalf of your business. The AR appoints the person(s) in charge of electronic services (PES).
The AR receives a user code and a temporary password for each PES so that they can assign rights to other users within your business. These users can then authenticate their identity via clicSÉQUR.
The person in charge of electronic services (PES) is an employee of your business and represents it with the AMF in all transactions concerning the business, including the communication of confidential information.
The PES holds a general power of attorney that allows him to access all of the business's files with the AMF and any related services.
The PES creates your business's users and grants them access rights through powers of attorney. A user may be an employee of your business or a person outside of your business, for example, an accountant. To create users, the PES must access the clicSÉQUR website and follow the steps in the Administrator menu.
Managing users and access rights
The PES has all rights of access to the services proposed by the AMF. He must grant the access rights to these services to users. These access rights may be limited to certain functional blocks.
The AMF has defined services to meet your needs or to business areas that pertain to your most frequent transactions carried out with the AMF. These services are called “functional blocks.”
To change the functional blocks you selected, visit the clicSÉQUR website.
001 – Secure message inbox
005 – Requests for information and other applications/requests
007 – Follow-up on applications and requests
008 – Pay invoices
018 – ACPB – Application for authorization; Add/change business relationships
019 – ACPB – Disclose relationships; Validate and end data entry
23 – Access to client file limited to ACPB
How to access AMF E-Services
The PES and the users selected have received their user codes and passwords so that they can authenticate themselves with clicSÉQUR and access the AMF's on-line services.
AMF E-Services is accessible via the AMF website.
For more information, please listen to the training capsule on this topic (available soon).
Registration time varies depending on the type of information you provided and the steps clicSÉQUR needs to take to authenticate your identity.