Before investing your savings, you need to know yourself. How do you do that? By figuring out your investor profile.
You need to define your investor profile before choosing any type of investment. After all, it’s your money that’s being invested! You have to be comfortable with your decisions. To do this, answer the following questions:
- How much money can you invest?
- Over what period do you want to invest your money? In other words, what is your investment horizon?
- What are the reasons motivating you to invest?
- What are your financial objectives?
- How much tolerance to risk do you have?
A representative will typically help you analyze your profile. You can use this calculator to learn more about your tolerance to risk. If you decide to deal with a representative, make sure he is registered with the AMF.