The AMF provides a register of business enterprises that are authorized to enter into public contracts and subcontracts, including contracts with Québec government departments and agencies and Québec municipalities.
The AMF has been designated to issue authorizations to business enterprises wishing to enter into public contracts and subcontracts.
Enterprises currently covered under the Integrity in Public Contracts Act and required to obtain authorization from the AMF are those that are competing in a call for tenders or an award process to enter into contracts with Québec government department and agencies and Québec municipalities involving an expenditure equal to or greater than the thresholds determined by the Government.
Given the large number of enterprises concerned, the Québec government is phasing in the Act. For further information, consult Laws and Regulations – Public Contracts.
The provincial threshold is set at:
- $5 million for construction or service contracts and subcontracts or public-private partnership agreements;
- $1 million for service contracts and subcontracts. The reduced threshold applies to all service contracts and subcontracts entered into pursuant to a call for tenders made as of November 2, 2015 or with respect to which the award process began as of that date;
including, if applicable, the amount of the expenditure that would be incurred if all renewal options were exercised.
The Ville de Montréal threshold is set at $100,000 for any of the following contracts:
- contracts for the construction, reconstruction, demolition, repair or renovation of roads, waterworks or sewers;
- contracts for the supply of bituminous compounds;
- service contracts for the construction, reconstruction, demolition, repair or renovation of roads, waterworks or sewers.
In addition, the Ville de Montréal threshold is set at $25,000 for the following subcontracts directly or indirectly related to contracts subject to the abovementioned $100,000 threshold:
- subcontracts for the construction, reconstruction, demolition, repair or renovation of roads, waterworks or sewers;
- subcontracts for the supply of bituminous compounds;
- subcontracts for the construction, reconstruction, demolition, repair or renovation of roads, waterworks or sewers.
Lastly, for the Ville de Montréal, the requirement to obtain an authorization from the AMF also applies to enterprises bidding on a contract listed in the Orders in Council - Certain contracts of Ville de Montréal.
Have you identified an anomaly in the call for tenders or awards process?
Any enterprise that believes there is an anomaly in the call for tenders or award process should:
- Contact the resource person identified in the call for tenders or award process document or any other designated resource person, as applicable.
- If necessary, use the client's complaint mechanism.
- Lastly, contact the Direction de la diffusion et du soutien of the Secrétariat du Conseil du Trésor by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 418-643-0875, ext. 4963