Investor Warnings Securities
Montréal - The Autorité des marchés financiers (the "AMF") is warning investors about investment solicitations by Adams & Taylor Group Ltd. Although Québec investors do not seem to have been targeted by the solicitations, the company claims to be incorporated in Québec and could offer financial products and services, including securities.
The AMF's investigations have raised several concerns:
- Adams & Taylor Group Ltd. is not and has never been registered with the AMF or the Registraire des entreprises du Québec (Québec Enterprise Registrar).
- It has never had an office at the Montréal address indicated on its website.
- The address indicated belongs to a securities firm registered with the AMF.
- Much of the information on its website is copied from the website of a French financial institution, which has been informed of the situation.
- Representatives of Adams & Taylor Group Ltd. are soliciting foreign investors in order to offer them financial products and services.
The Financial Conduct Authority, the United Kingdom's financial regulatory body, has issued a consumer warning This link will open in a new window about Adams & Taylor Group Ltd.
Don't become a victim of fraud
Whether on the Internet or in person, offering investments is a regulated activity. The individual or business asking for your money must be registered with the AMF. To make sure you don't become a victim, check the register of firms and individuals authorized to practise.
If you think you have detected or been the target of a scam, do not hesitate to contact the AMF Information Centre This link will open in a new window. Your information could help the AMF better protect consumers.
Visit the AMF website to learn about other ways to prevent fraud.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (the "AMF") is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
Twitter: @lautorite This link will open in a new window