Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders Securities
Montréal – At the request of the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF), the Bureau de décision et de révision en valeurs mobilières (BDRVM) issued an order on October 10, 2008 extending, for a period of 90 days, the freeze order initially issued on January 24, 2008 in respect of the following companies and individuals: Papadopoulos, Mario Bright, PNB Management Inc., 2967-9420 Québec inc., David Mizrahi, Brian Ruse, 4384610 Canada Inc. and 4191424 Canada Inc. This order also relates to various third party individuals and companies, in particular, Anthanasios Papadopoulos.
In addition, the BDRVM authorized the AMF to serve this extension order on Themistoklis Papadopoulos, Mario Bright and Anthanasios Papadopoulos by a press release, as it appeared in the October 10, 2008 BDRVM decision (pdf - 47 KB)This link will open in a new windowUpdated on 14 October 2008 (in French only), which is appended to this press release.
On December 21, 2007, the BDRVM, further to recommendations from the AMF, ordered Triglobal to cease any activity in respect of a transaction in a form of investment governed by the Securities Act and any activity as a securities adviser. In addition, numerous other freeze and cease orders were issued against Triglobal as well as related companies and individuals. The AMF investigation revealed that between 1997 and 2007, a number of Quebeckers had invested millions of dollars in Focus Management Inc. or Ivest Fund Ltd. through representatives, related persons and/or officers of Triglobal.
Jean Robillard of the firm Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton has acted as provisional administrator of Triglobal since December 24, 2007, further to a recommendation from the AMF and the BDRVM and his appointment by the Finance Minister.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec’s financial sector.
— 30 —
Sylvain Théberge: (514) 940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
- Triglobal Capital Management Inc. - Provisional administrator appointed and freeze and cease trade orders isssued
- Triglobal Capital Management Inc. - Additional provisional administration and further freeze and cease trade orders
- In the matter of Triglobal - Order to cease trading and acting as securities adviser against Mario Angelopoulos
Triglobal - ean Robillard appointed provisional
co-liquidator of Focus
- Triglobal - AMF successful in opposing motions filed by Franco Mignacca and Joseph Jekkel
- Triglobal - Freeze order renewed, other decisions
- Triglobal - Freeze order renewed
- Clarification in matter of Triglobal
- Triglobal - Application to extend freeze order served
- Triglobal - Freeze order extended
- Triglobal - 2008-004 - Application to extend freeze order served
- Triglobal - 2008-004 - Freeze order extended
- Triglobal - 2007-033 - Method of service in connection with request for freeze order extension
- Triglobal - 2007-033 - Freeze order extended
- Triglobal - CTO maintained against Mario Angelopoulos; further prohibited from acting as adviser
- Triglobal - 2008-004 - Method of service in connection with request for freeze order extension