Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders Securities
Montréal – In a decision handed down on March 5, 2009, Judges Louis LeBel, Marie Deschamps and Thomas Albert Cromwell of the Supreme Court of Canada dismissed, with costs, a motion filed by Paul Gagné to overturn the decision issued by the Québec Court of Appeal in August 2008.
Paul Gagné sought to overturn, in a court of third and final instance, his conviction for lack of integrity and competence and the suspension of his rights as a securities adviser for five years, a decision initially issued in April 2004 by the Bureau de décision et de révision en valeurs mobilières.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) also launched a penal proceeding in the Court of Québec against Paul Gagné in November 2006. He was accused of violating a decision dated July 3, 2002 ordering him not to withdraw funds belonging to TIP Funds Canada Ltd. The AMF is seeking a total fine in the amount of $20,000.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
— 30 —
Sylvain Théberge: (514) 940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
- The Commission des valeurs mobilières du Québec renders a decision in the matter concerning TIP Investment Advisors Ltd. and Paul Gagné
- Hearing to determine measure to be taken against TIP Investment Advisors Ltd. & Paul Gagné is postponed
- Hearing to determine the measure to be imposed upon TIP Investment Advisors Ltd. & Paul Gagné is again postponed
- TIP Investment Advisors Ltd. & Paul Gagné suspended for five years
- AMF launches proceeding against D. Paul Gagné
- Registrations withdrawn for Paul Gagné and Tip Investment Advisors Ltd
- Paul Gagné's appeal largely dismissed