Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders Securities
Montréal – Judge André Prévost of Québec Superior Court has allowed a motion filed by the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) to disqualify the firm Lauzon Bélanger from acting as class action attorneys in the matter of Norbourg.
In the decision handed down on April 25, 2006, the Judge upheld the arguments put forth by the AMF whereby:
- Yves Lauzon is representing opposing interests by acting on behalf of both investors and Éric Asselin;
- Yves Lauzon is in a conflict of interest by launching a suit concurrently for the purpose of recovering his investment in the amount of $1,800,000. Should he win the case, this amount would be subtracted from the total assets to be redistributed among all investors.
The decision (in French only) handed down by Judge Prévost is available on the AMF website, under the Norbourg section.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
— 30 —
Philippe Roy (514) 940-2176
Issuers, dealers, advisers and representatives: (877) 525-0337, choose option 9 for English, then 1 for industry
Consumers and investors: (877) 525-0337, choose option 9 for English, then 8 for consumers
- Norbourg ordered to cease activities; Assets frozen
- Ernst & Young - Letter to unitholders of Norbourg mutual funds and Evolution mutual funds
- AMF seeks to wind up Norbourg
- Norbourg Bankruptcy - AMF to continue to defend investors
- Norbourg - AMF launches suit for benefit of investors
- Norbourg Affair - Claims to the Fonds d'indemnisation
- Norbourg Matter - Lacroix's motion regarding living expenses and professional fees dismissed
- Norbourg Matter - AMF seeks disqualification of class action attorneys
- Norbourg Class Action - Agreement in Principle Reached Between Parties
- Norbourg - Investor Protection Association Supports Recourse Launched by AMF
- Norbourg: AMF seeks to unite recourses for benefit of investors
- Motion for Authorization in Norbourg Affairs - AMF argues it fulfilled its obligations and stresses desire to unite recourses
- Norbourg - AMF to seek dismissal of motion for authorization of class action by representatives
- La Presse article regarding Norbourg - AMF sets the record straight
- Norbourg - AMF to provide some $31 million in compensation