Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders Securities
Montréal – Christophe Balayer recently pleaded guilty before Justice of the Peace Sylvie Desmeules on two counts of illegal practice and distributions in relation to the matter of Norshield and was fined $6,000.
In March 2010, the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) launched 11 proceedings in connection with the illegal sale of investment vehicles related to Norshield and sought fines of $976,000. To date, two representatives, Éric Couture and Christophe Balayer have been charged and fined a total of $36,000.
Christophe Balayer has also been fined $34,000 for similar offences in the matter of Mount Real.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec’s financial sector.
— 30 —
Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
- Norshield funds ordered to cease activity
- Norshield Asset Management - Appointment of monitor
- Court Orders Appointment of RSM Richter Inc. as Receiver of Norshield
- RSM Richter Appointed Receiver of Norshield Group in Quebec
- In the Matter of Norshield - AMF Sues 11 individuals, Files 140 Charges and Seeks $976,000 in Fines
- Penalty against representative in Norshield matter
- In the Matter of Norshield - Claude Tardif ordered to pay $16,000 in fines