Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders Securities
Montréal – Judge Sylvie Durand of the Court of Québec, district of Montréal, recently imposed fines totalling $30,000 against Éric Couture, one of the individuals sued by the Autorité des marchés financiers (the "AMF") in the matter of Norshield.
Éric Couture pleaded guilty to three counts of illegal distribution without a prospectus, and the Judge ordered him to pay fines in the amount of $30,000.
In March 2010, the AMF launched 11 proceedings in connection with the illegal sale of investment vehicles related to Norshield and sought fines totalling $976,000.
Éric Couture was recently fined $15,000 for similar offences in the matter of Mount Real.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (the "AMF") is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec’s financial sector.
— 30 —
Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
- Norshield funds ordered to cease activity
- Norshield Asset Management - Appointment of monitor
- Court Orders Appointment of RSM Richter Inc. as Receiver of Norshield
- RSM Richter Appointed Receiver of Norshield Group in Quebec
- In the Matter of Norshield - AMF Sues 11 individuals, Files 140 Charges and Seeks $976,000 in Fines
- Penalty against second representative in Norshield matter
- In the Matter of Norshield - Claude Tardif ordered to pay $16,000 in fines