Securities Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders
Montréal – At the request of the Autorité des marchés financiers (“AMF”), the Bureau de décision et de révision en valeurs mobilières (BDRVM) has issued orders against Digital World Financial, William W. Wishnousky and Joseph Simon Lacroix.
More specifically, pursuant to sections 265 and 323 of the Québec Securities Act, the BDRVM has ordered:
- William W. Wishnousky and Joseph Simon Lacroix to cease any activity in respect of a transaction in the securities of Digital World Financial inc.
- Digital World Financial inc., its directors, senior executives, employees and representatives to cease any activity in respect of distributing the securities of Digital World Financial inc.
Created under An Act respecting the Autorité des marches financiers, the Bureau de décision et de révision en valeurs mobilières (BDRVM) is a tribunal which exercises certain powers prescribed by the Securities Act. The BDRVM is independent of the AMF.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
— 30 —
Philippe Roy (514) 940-2176
Issuers, dealers, advisers and representatives: (877) 525-0337, dial 9 for English, then dial 1 for industry
Consumers and investors: (877) 525-0337, dial 9 for English, then dial 2 for consumers
- Digital World Financial Inc. - AMF files 89 charges and seeks almost $1,200,000 in fines
- Digital World Financial - Christian Viau and Michael J. Moore fined
- Digital World Financial - Michael Purvis and John Pittaro fined
- Digital World Financial - 12-month prison term and $660,000 fine imposed on Joseph Simon Lacroix