Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders Securities
Montréal – The Bureau de décision et de révision en valeurs mobilières (BDRVM) yesterday issued a court order that “[translation] prohibits all solicitation and securities transactions by the Mount Real Corporation, Gestion MRACS ltée (MRACS), Real Vest Investments Ltd (Real Vest) and Real Assurance Acceptance Corporation (RAAC), particularly previously issued promissory notes, including exchange, conversion and disposal of said securities.”
The decision follows the sending of a reorganization plan by trustee Allard et associés inc. to each noteholder in order to allow Mount Real Corporation, Real Vest, MRACS and RAAC to resume trading.
The court’s intervention was requested by the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF), which believes that the reorganization plan incites noteholders to carry out extremely complex transactions based on misrepresentations, counter to the law and the basic rules of securities investments established to protect the public.
The AMF also believes that, in its current form, the reorganization plan contradicts the BDRVM order dated November 9, 2005, which forbade the targeted parties from divesting themselves of funds, securities and other assets in their possession.
Lastly, the AMF believes the reorganization plan to be neither viable nor realistic, and to compromise the application of the provisional administrator’s recommendations.
In its decision, the BDRVM acknowledged the facts put forth by the AMF as sufficiently troubling to justify court intervention.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec’s financial sector.
— 30 —
Philippe Roy (514) 940-2176
Issuers, dealers, advisers and representatives: (877) 525-0337, choose option 9 for English, then 1 for industry
Consumers and investors: (877) 525-0337, choose option 9 for English, then 8 for consumers
- AMF investigating Mount Real
- Mount Real Corporation - Provisional administrator appointed, freeze and cease trading orders issued
- Mount Real Corporation - Further freeze order
- Mount Real - AMF files 619 charges against 24 individuals
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF confirms suspension of two independent representatives and firm
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF suspends Carole Dorion
- Mount Real Corporation: Court authorizes AMF to intervene
- Mount Real Corporation - Orders issued against Laurence Henry
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF suspends Champoux, Froment et associés
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF suspends Yves Tardif
- Mount Real Corporation - Freeze order extended
- Mount Real - Christophe Balayer guilty on 10 counts