Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders Securities
Montréal – At the request of the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF), the Bureau de décision et de révision en valeurs mobilières (BDRVM) has issued a cease trading order against Laurence Henry in respect of the securities of Investsafe Ltd. and Maple Ridge Ltd., of which he is the sole shareholder, given that the two entities hold control over Real Vest Investments Ltd., a company that is under provisional administration.
As well, the BDRVM has prohibited Mr. Henry from exercising, directly or indirectly, any right to vote held by him as a director or shareholder of Real Vest Investments Ltd., for the purpose of altering the composition of its board of directors.
The orders issued against Mr. Henry are part of an investigation conducted by the AMF into the transactions carried out by the senior executives, employees, representatives and agents of Gestion MRACS ltée, Mount Real Corporation, Real Vest Investments Ltd. and related companies, into the activities performed as a dealer or adviser by these persons and, finally, into the use of the funds collected by them.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec’s financial sector.
— 30 —
Philippe Roy (514) 940-2176
Issuers, dealers, advisers and representatives: (877) 525-0337, choose option 9 for English, then 1 for industry
Consumers and investors: (877) 525-0337, choose option 9 for English, then 8 for consumers
- AMF investigating Mount Real
- Mount Real Corporation - Provisional administrator appointed, freeze and cease trading orders issued
- Mount Real Corporation - Further freeze order
- New Cease Trading Order In Mount Real Case
- Mount Real Corporation - Freeze order extended
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF suspends Yves Tardif
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF suspends Champoux, Froment et associés
- Mount Real Corporation: Court authorizes AMF to intervene
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF suspends Carole Dorion
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF confirms suspension of two independent representatives and firm
- Mount Real - AMF files 619 charges against 24 individuals
- Mount Real - Christophe Balayer guilty on 10 counts