Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders Securities
Montréal – At the request of the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) and in a decision dated February 2, 2006, the Bureau de décision et de révision en valeurs mobilières (BDRVM) has extended, for a period of 90 days, the freeze order initially issued against Mount Real Corporation, Gestion MRACS Ltée, Real Vest Investments Ltd., Real Assurance Acceptance Corporation, Valeurs mobilières iForum inc. and Services Financiers iForum inc.
On November 9, 2005, the BDRVM issued freeze and cease trading orders against the targeted entities and related companies (Gestion MRACS ltée, Real Vest Investments Ltd., Real Assurance Acceptance Corporation) and a number of directors (Lino P. Matteo, Laurence Henry, Joseph Pettinicchio, Andris E. Spura, Paul D’Andrea, Laraine Lyttle and Lowell Holden).
Moreover, again in November 2005, the Québec Minister of Finance appointed Jean Robillard from the firm Raymond, Chabot, Grant, Thornton as provisional administrator to administer the assets of Mount Real Corporation, Valeurs mobilières iForum and Services financiers iForum.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
— 30 —
Philippe Roy (514) 940-2176
Issuers, dealers, advisers and representatives: (877) 525-0337, choose option 9 for English, then 1 for industry
Consumers and investors: (877) 525-0337, choose option 9 for English, then 8 for consumers
- AMF investigating Mount Real
- Mount Real Corporation - Provisional administrator appointed, freeze and cease trading orders issued
- Mount Real Corporation - Further freeze order
- New Cease Trading Order In Mount Real Case
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF suspends Yves Tardif
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF suspends Champoux, Froment et associés
- Mount Real Corporation - Orders issued against Laurence Henry
- Mount Real Corporation: Court authorizes AMF to intervene
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF suspends Carole Dorion
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF confirms suspension of two independent representatives and firm
- Mount Real - AMF files 619 charges against 24 individuals
- Mount Real - Christophe Balayer guilty on 10 counts