Securities Insurance Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders
Montréal – The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) has suspended the registration of Yves Tardif as an independent representative in the sectors of insurance of persons and financial planning, pursuant to sections 115 and 117 of the Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services.
The reasons for the AMF’s decision in respect of Mr. Tardif are as follows:
- He sold promissory notes issued or distributed illegally by MRC, MRACS, RAAC and/or Real Vest;
- He duped his clients into expecting results that he was unable to deliver;
- He made misrepresentations or representations that were likely to be misleading;
- He interfered in an abusive manner in the investigation undertaken in the matter of Mount Real and hindered progress in the matter to the detriment of investors;
- He failed to act with honesty and loyalty in his dealings with clients;
- The protection of investors and the general public required immediate intervention by the AMF.
If Mr. Tardif fails to present satisfactory observations in writing with respect to the AMF’s allegations, his certificate will be permanently cancelled.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
— 30 —
Philippe Roy (514) 940-2176
Issuers, dealers, advisers and representatives: (877) 525-0337, choose option 9 for English, then 1 for industry
Consumers and investors: (877) 525-0337, choose option 9 for English, then 8 for consumers
- AMF investigating Mount Real
- Mount Real Corporation - Provisional administrator appointed, freeze and cease trading orders issued
- Mount Real Corporation - Further freeze order
- New Cease Trading Order In Mount Real Case
- Mount Real Corporation - Freeze order extended
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF suspends Champoux, Froment et associés
- Mount Real Corporation - Orders issued against Laurence Henry
- Mount Real Corporation: Court authorizes AMF to intervene
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF suspends Carole Dorion
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF confirms suspension of two independent representatives and firm
- Mount Real - AMF files 619 charges against 24 individuals
- Mount Real - Christophe Balayer guilty on 10 counts
- Three representatives convicted - Yves Tardif, Éric Couture and Larraine Little guilty
- Norshield - Yves Tardif fined $104,000
- Mount Real - Yves Mechaka fined $140,000