Montréal – The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) has suspended the registration of Carole Dorion for all the sectors in which she is registered pursuant to sections 115 and 117 of the Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services.
Until December 15, 2005, Ms. Dorion acted as a group savings plan broker with Services financiers iForum inc. She has since been acting as a groups savings plan broker with Services d’investissement Quadrus ltée.
The reasons for the AMF’s decision in respect of Ms. Dorion are as follows:
- She contacted a number of investors so they would sign a document implying that the AMF urged them to file a complaint against her;
- She interfered in an abusive manner in the investigation undertaken by the AMF and hindered progress in the matter of Mount Real and other companies targeted by the AMF investigation to the detriment of investors affected by this matter;
- She sold promissory notes issued or distributed illegally by MRC, MRACS, Real Vest and/or RAAC;
- She failed to act with honesty and loyalty in her dealings with clients;
- She violated the Regulation respecting Firms, Independent Representatives and Independent Partnerships by making false, misleading or deceptive representations to investors;
- She also shirked her duty to act with loyalty and in good faith by contacting investors and urging them to take certain actions;
- The protection of investors and the general public required immediate intervention by the AMF.
If Ms. Dorion fails to present satisfactory observations in writing with respect to the AMF’s allegations, her certificate will be permanently cancelled.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
— 30 —
Philippe Roy (514) 940-2176
Issuers, dealers, advisers and representatives: (877) 525-0337, choose option 9 for English, then 1 for industry
Consumers and investors: (877) 525-0337, choose option 9 for English, then 8 for consumers