Montréal - The Autorité des marchés financiers (the "AMF") today revealed the names of the first-ever award recipients of its excellence program, which grants university scholarships through the Education and Good Governance Fund.
This new program aims to increase knowledge in all areas associated with the AMF's mission and visibility. The 2012 recipients, who will be offered a six-week paid internship at the AMF in their respective area of expertise, are:
Doctoral scholarships ($10,000)
- Cinthia Duclos This link will open in a new window, PhD in Business Law from Laval University;
- Alaa Guidara This link will open in a new window, PhD in Administrative Sciences from Laval University;
- Marie-Josée Normand-Heisler This link will open in a new window, also PhD in Business Law from Laval University.
Master's scholarships ($5,000)
- Martin Côté This link will open in a new window, Master of Law student at Laval University;
- Laurence Gendron This link will open in a new window, Master of Criminology student at University of Montréal.
"This program recognizes the excellence and influence of tomorrow's leaders, and is consistent with our desire to be recognized for our leadership, professionalism and innovation," explained President and Chief Executive Officer Mario Albert, in attendance at the recent Rendez-vous with the AMF.
For details regarding the eligibility criteria, terms and conditions of grants, selection criteria and the procedure to follow, please consult the Guidelines. To submit an application, you must fill out the scholarship form (pdf - 109 KB)This link will open in a new window or award of excellence form and return it by e-mail no later than March 30 each year.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
- 30 -
Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
Twitter : @lautorite This link will open in a new window