Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders Securities
Montréal – On April 18, 2008, Québec Court Judge Suzanne Coupal (Criminal and Penal Division), district of Montréal, found Anthony Cappellano guilty on the 9 charges filed against him by the Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF).
Anthony Cappellano faced 9 charges for acting as a dealer or adviser without being registered with the regulatory authority, thereby violating section 148 of the Securities Act, R.S.Q. c. V-1.1 (the "Act").
On January 24, 2007, the AMF filed 619 charges against 24 individuals involved at various levels in the matter of Mount Real Corporation and its affiliates. With this conviction, five individuals (Victor Lacroix, Armando Ferruci, Christophe Balayer, Luigi Muro and Anthony Cappellano) have now been found guilty, for a total of 143 charges and $802,000 in fines.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec’s financial sector.
— 30 —
Frédéric Alberro (514) 940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
- Mount Real - AMF files 682 charges against 5 officers, seeks prison terms and hefty fines
- Mount Real - Anthony Cappellano guilty
- Guilty verdict for ninth Mount Real representative - Guy Prescott fined $40,500
- Mount Real - Three additional representatives guilty
- Mount Real - Paul Quenneville and René Proteau plead guilty