Securities Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders
Montréal – The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) has obtained a permanent injunction from the Superior Court of Québec against the Coopérative de producteurs de bois précieux Québec Forestales and Michel Maheux.
Under the injunction, Judge Jocelyn Verrier has ordered them to:
- cease and refrain from distributing preferred shares of the Coopérative de producteurs de bois précieux Québec Forestales, investment contracts or any other form of investment provided for in section 1 of the Québec Securities Act using any means whatsoever, including letters and websites;
- comply with decision no. 2003-C-0351 issued by the Commission des valeurs mobilières du Québec on October 15, 2003;
- shut down a website.
Mr. Maheux was found guilty of over 75 counts in 2005. As well, he was sentenced to a prison term on March 22, 2005 for contempt of court.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
— 30 —
Philippe Roy (514) 940-2176
Issuers, dealers, advisers and representatives: (877) 525-0337, dial 9 for English, then choose option 1 for industry
Consumers and investors: (877) 525-0337, dial 9 for English, then choose option 2 for consumers
- Two penal proceedings instituted against Michel Maheux
- Autorité des marchés finanicers obtains interlocutory injuction in the matter of coopérative de producteurs de bois précieux Québec Forestales and Michel Maheux
- Prison term for Michel Maheux
- Michel Maheux guilty on all 74 counts
- Michel Maheux again found guilty
- Maheux's Superior Court appeal dismissed
- Michel Maheux guilty of contempt of court
- Michel Maheux sentenced to 21 days in prison
- Third prison term against Michel Maheux for contempt of court
- Michel Maheux given fourth prison term for contempt of court