Decisions and Freeze and cease trade orders Securities
Montréal – The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) launched penal proceedings in the Court of Québec (Criminal and Penal Division), district of Longueuil, against Nathaly Demers.
In the proceedings, the AMF filed 85 charges against Nathaly Demers for violating the Securities Act, R.S.Q. c. V-1.1 (the "Act"), by aiding United Environmental Energy Corporation and Enviromondial International Vanuatu Inc. in making a distribution of the shares of United Environmental Energy Corporation without a prospectus approved by the AMF, thereby violating section 11 of the Act.
The AMF is seeking a fine of $680,000 plus costs with respect to these 85 charges.
Nathaly Demers is the daughter of Stevens Demers against whom several suits have been launched in the matter of Enviromondial Inc. Nathaly Demers, Stevens Demers and Enviromondial Inc. have been the subject of a number of court decisions and orders.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec’s financial sector.
— 30 —
Frédéric Alberro (514) 940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
- Enviromondial - AMF files 162 charges against Stevens Demers / Seeking $1.2 million fine and prison term
- Enviromondial - Further prison term sought against Stevens Demers
- Enviromondial inc. - BDRVM dismisses objections to cease trade orders
- Enviromondial - Appeal of Stevens Demers dismissed may not act as director or officer
- Enviromondial Inc. - AMF asking for additional prison term - 64 new charges against Stevens Demers
- Enviromondial - Nathaly Demers fined $416,000
- Enviromondial - Provisional administrator appointed
- Enviromondial Inc. - Stevens Demers guilty on all 346 charges
Enviromondial : Stevens Demers sentenced to
2 1/2 years in prison and fined over $1 million
- Enviromondial : AMF appealing sentence against Stevens Demers