Montréal – The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) has announced that an investigation is under way into the financial operations of Mount Real Corporation. It has retained the services of an investigative and forensic accounting firm to assist with the investigation.
Trading in Mount Real shares was halted on June 20 as a result of the 40% decline in share price. The halt was requested by Market Regulation Services Inc. (RS).
The AMF is mobilizing all necessary resources for this investigation and intends to take all appropriate measures to protect investors and ensure market integrity.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec’s financial sector.
— 30 —
Philippe Roy (514) 940-2176
Issuers, dealers, advisers and representatives: (877) 525-0337, dial 9 for English, then dial 1 for industry
Consumers and investors: (877) 525-0337, dial 9 for English, then dial 2 for consumers
- Mount Real - AMF files 619 charges against 24 individuals
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF confirms suspension of two independent representatives and firm
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF suspends Carole Dorion
- Mount Real Corporation: Court authorizes AMF to intervene
- Mount Real Corporation - Orders issued against Laurence Henry
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF suspends Champoux, Froment et associés
- Mount Real Corporation - AMF suspends Yves Tardif
- Mount Real Corporation - Freeze order extended
- New Cease Trading Order In Mount Real Case
- Mount Real Corporation - Further freeze order
- Mount Real Corporation - Provisional administrator appointed, freeze and cease trading orders issued
- Mount Real - Christophe Balayer guilty on 10 counts