Montréal - The Autorité des marchés financiers (the "AMF") today announced the names of the seven recipients chosen in connection with applications submitted by March 30, 2015 for scholarships under its Excellence Program, which promotes the advancement of knowledge in all areas associated with the AMF's mission.
Since January 2012, the AMF's Education and Good Governance Fund (EGGF) has provided $5,000 and $10,000 scholarships to Master's and Doctoral students respectively, along with the possibility of a maximum 12-week paid internship at the AMF.
"This program is testimony to our commitment to encourage the development of knowledge in our areas of activity, recognize excellence and innovation, and support Québec's leaders of tomorrow," said AMF President and CEO Louis Morisset.
The recipients of the $10,000 Doctoral scholarships are:
From Laval University
- Jérôme Bouchard, Doctorate in Business Administration
- Habiba Mrissa Bouden, Doctorate in Business Administration, concentration in finance and insurance
- Cynthia Courtois, Doctorate in Business Administration
- Manel Kammoun, Doctorate in Business Administration
- Steeve Massicotte, Doctorate in Business Administration, concentration in accounting
From the University of Québec at Montréal
- Thomas Lalime, Doctorate in Economic Sciences
From the University of Québec at Trois-Rivières
- Laila Hima, Doctorate in Business Administration, concentration in finance
A description of the recipients' research topics is available on the AMF website.
The Excellence Scholarship Program
The program (pdf - 816 KB)This link will open in a new window is aimed at Québec university students at the Master's and Doctoral levels working on a thesis (research project) in areas associated with the AMF's mission. The EGGF accepts applications submitted by March 30 and September 30 each year.
For eligibility and selection criteria and the procedure to follow, consult the EGGF Guideline.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (the "AMF") is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
- 30 -
Cathy Beauséjour: 514-395-0337
Québec City: 418-525-0337
Twitter: @lautorite This link will open in a new window