Montréal – The Autorité des marchés financiers (the "AMF") has announced the composition of the Investment Products Advisory Committee.
The Committee's core mandate is to examine and discuss issues relating to the management and distribution of traditional mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, non-redeemable investment funds and individual segregated funds, as well as provide information and recommendations for enhancing the development and implementation of related regulations.
"This new committee will enable us to deepen our dialogue with stakeholders operating in the management and distribution of investment products and better understand challenges facing the industry," said Louis Morisset, AMF President and Chief Executive Officer. "The adoption of this new initiative is very much in line with our 2017-2020 Strategic Plan and aims to strengthen our role as a local regulator close to its markets."
After analyzing the applications received following a call for candidates, the AMF has chosen fifteen professionals recognized in their fields for their expertise and insights to serve on the Committee for an initial three-year term.
The members of the Investment Products Advisory Committee are:
- Martin Boileau, Globevest Capital
- François Bruneau, Groupe Cloutier Investissements
- Yanic Chagnon, Manulife Financial
- Charles Danis, Fidelity Investments Canada
- Christine Décarie, I.G. Investment Management
- Stéphane Dulude
- Maxime Gauthier, Mérici Services Financiers
- Eric F. Gosselin, Services financiers Éric F. Gosselin and PEAK Investment Services Inc.
- Jonathan Halwagi, Fasken Martineau
- Chantal Héroux, FÉRIQUE Fund Management and FÉRIQUE Investment Services
- Éric Landry, Desjardins Group
- Élyse Lemay, Great-West/London Life/Canada Life
- Richard Morin, Archer Wealth Management Inc.
- Robert Pouliot, Canadian Foundation for Advancement of Investor Rights (FAIR Canada)
- Mario Tremblay, Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (FTQ)
The Autorité des marchés financiers (the "AMF") is the regulatory and oversight body for Québec's financial sector.
– 30 –
Sylvain Théberge: 514-940-2176
Québec City: 418-525-0337
Twitter:@lautorite This link will open in a new window