The Autorité des marchés financiers (the “AMF”) issues investor warnings based on information:
- Gathered by AMF investigators, including cyber-surveillance teams;
- Received from investors;
- Provided by regulators from other provinces or countries.
The AMF issues investor warnings whenever Quebeckers are at risk of becoming victims of fraud.
Visit the News page to consult AMF investor warnings. Filter results by year of publication.
Consult investor warnings issued by other securities regulators This link will open in a new window.
Check that the person and firm you are dealing with are authorized to offer you the investment. Call the AMF Information Centre at 1-877-525-0337 or consult the Register of firms and individuals authorized to practise on the AMF website.
Documentation and tools
- Red-flagging financial fraud (pdf - 2 MB)This link will open in a new windowUpdated on 23 October 2015
- Choosing an Investment Dealer or Representative (pdf - 3 MB)This link will open in a new windowUpdated on 22 August 2016
- Trust must be earned! (pdf - 1 MB)This link will open in a new windowUpdated on 15 September 2014