July 31, 2020
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the fintech ecosystem and related fields, including artificial intelligence, cyber security, blockchain, open banking, cryptocurrencies and smart contracts
- In-depth knowledge of at least one financial services sector (banking, insurance or investment management)
- knowledge of applied technologies, robotics (chatbots, robo-advisors, etc.)
- Experience managing innovative technology-related projects
- Experience serving on advisory committees, boards of directors or working groups in fintech or fintech-related field
- Direct or indirect involvement in development and impact monitoring projects
- Excellent understanding of the issues affecting the financial services industry and processes
- Significant experience with organizational transformation projects and technological issues (e.g., digitalization)
- Operational experience as a corporate executive or owner manager in ensuring that research projects are relevant and viable based on the industry’s needs
- Availability and interest in serving on a volunteer basis as a member of the executive committee
- Independent mindset
- Knowledge of good governance practices
- Network of contacts in the business community and peer recognition
- Facilitator, moderator and ability to generate and gather ideas
- Ability to explain complex topics in plain language
- Recognized in the business community (lectures or research articles, corporate executive or business start-up experience
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Strategic thinking and ability to articulate a vision
The members of the executive committee undertake to participate in the work of the AMF – Finance Montréal Fintech Research Chair approximately four (4) times a year on a volunteer basis. Membership in a designated gender diversity group will be considered an important asset.
How to apply
The executive committee will be receiving applications until July 31, 2020. Those wishing to apply are invited to send their CV and cover letter to ChaireFintech@uqam.ca, indicating “Response to call for applications, Fintech Chair - executive committee” in the e-mail subject line. Applications will be forwarded to the AMF and Finance Montréal for assessment. Please note that only applicants who are selected will be contacted.
The AMF – Finance Montréal Fintech Research Chair and its executive committee wish to thank all applicants for their interest.