Established in 2004, the AMF employs more than 700 employees in Montréal and Québec City, where its head office is located. Thanks to the professionalism and commitment of all its employees, the AMF fulfills its mission to Québec consumers of financial products and services and the financial markets. More specifically, the AMF's mission is to:
- provide assistance to consumers of financial products and services, in particular by setting up consumer-oriented educational programs on financial products and services, processing complaints filed by consumers and giving consumers access to dispute resolution services;
- ensure that the financial institutions and other regulated entities of the financial sector comply with the solvency standards applicable to them as well as with the obligations imposed on them by law with a view to protecting the interests of consumers of financial products and services, and take any measure provided by law for those purposes;
- supervise the activities connected with the distribution of financial products and services, administer the rules governing eligibility for and the carrying on of those activities, and take any measure provided by law for those purposes;
- supervise stock market and clearing house activities and monitor the securities market, in particular, by administering the controls provided by law as regards access to the public capital market, ensuring that the issuers and other practitioners involved in the financial sector comply with the obligations imposed on them by law and taking any measure provided by law for those purposes;
- supervise derivatives markets, including derivatives exchanges and clearing houses and ensure that regulated entities and other derivatives market practitioners comply with the obligations imposed by law; and
- see to the implementation of protection and compensation programs for consumers of financial products and services and administer the compensation funds set up by law.
Two business locations
The AMF's head office in Québec City is located in the Tour Cominar, Place de la Cité, in the borough of Sainte-Foy – Sillery – Cap-Rouge. It is near major roadways, thereby facilitating travel in and around metropolitan Québec City.
The AMF's Montréal office in the Exchange Tower at Place Victoria is strategically positioned in the heart of the city's business district. It is easily accessible by public transit and is conveniently linked to Montréal's underground network.
Rewarding professional challenges
Given its important role in the Québec financial community, the AMF offers numerous career opportunities and unparalleled professional challenges. As a world-class regulator, the AMF draws on a team of professional, dynamic and innovative employees.
The AMF’s 2016 organization survey shows that the engagement rate of its employees was an excellent 83%. The engagement rate measures work commitment, collaboration within and between teams, loyalty and attention to client service. Some 82% of employees said they were motivated by their work and the role of the organization and 84% said they were proud to work for the AMF.