The following section addresses the questions most frequently asked by replacement supervisors about the probationary period.
How many supervisors can a trainee have during the probationary period?
How many replacement supervisors can a trainee have during the probationary period?
Each supervisor can have a replacement. If two supervisors are overseeing a trainee’s probationary period, then there can be a maximum of two replacement supervisors during this period.
How long must an employer keep a trainee’s file?
How can the probationary period be interrupted and extended?
The trainee and the supervisor can submit an application to interrupt the probationary period via AMF E-Services or by mail. Supporting evidence of the reason for the probationary period interruption must be provided.
The probationary period can be interrupted for the following reasons:
- Discontinued by employer
- Professional departure
- Sick leave for trainee or supervisor
- Death of trainee or supervisor or death in the family
- Parental leave
- Vacation period not given
- Probationary period not started
- Supervisor not in good standing
- Change of supervisor in a period of less than 10 days
- NSF cheque
- Any other reason of superior force